Thursday, August 31, 2006

Slumberless Inspiration

"I Do... I Really Did"

The chimes of the wedding bells,
Seemed so near;
The cheering crowd,
Seemed so familiar.

It was like yesterday I felt so bold,
It was like yesterday I felt so sure;
Here I waited,
As we promised.

Once the sun sets,
You said you'll be here;
Once the sun sets,
I ran here.

This empty house you pointed,
This very room we decided;
This dress I chose to be in when I escaped,
This dress, is the dress I chose to say "I Do" to you.

Where are you?
Where were you?
Just a letter saying "I'll be late",
Even the bird who delievered is gone and dead.

I waited,
I am still waiting.

In this empty house you pointed,
This very room we decided;
This dress I chose to be in when I escaped,
This dress, is the dress I chose to say "I Do" to you.


Poem inspired by this beautiful piece of artwork by Blackeri, originally named >> Love.
Do view it, or else you may not know what the hell am i saying.. thnk u.. =)

I couldn't sleep. It has been nights. It has been insane. At first, I wouldn't sleep until I see light from the window... until the sun rises. Now, I don't sleep at all... -_-" Back to how it used to be like when term starts again. It's crazy. I don't know what's wrong with me. Not that I don't want to sleep, I'm freaking tired. Not feeling too well even, but i just cant. Insomnia? Perhaps. It has been there for ages then.

So i browsed DA (Deviantart). After some silly website games. They could be quite fun... (They are safe Rufus dear, if u're reading this. don't worry k? *muax*) So, one of my favourite digital painter, Blackeri has a new submission. Her paintings are always great and mostly has a story behind them. My favourite would be her series of "The Seven Deadly Sins". Do check em out. But her new one, "Love", is very intriguing... Especially when she herself skipped the aprt of explaining it ^^ That makes it really fun to use your imagination to sum tings up, have your interpretation, your own story. Lovely. Loved it.

But honestly, that piece i wrote... I wouldn't really call it complete. It's not even finalised. It's a spontaneous piece of rough imagination and idea of it. If only one day, i would have better patience in sitting down and refining, sharpening the words nicely and resubmit it. I wonder why don't i have the patient to write like that anymore. sigh. Disappointing. Eventhough "Kay" always askes me why am i not writing lately and all.. it's quite sad. *hits own head* X3






4 comments:

'A said...

Lovely.

Wish us alot of luck for next term.
and ---

Goodnight.:)

Claire said...

i un how u feel, for not manage to fall asleep when u r so tired. same case, even though i'm very sleepy, i can't manage to fall asleep in a few seconds. I've to take awhile to drift to slumberland. i really envy those who can doss off immediately. maybe u shouldn't do anything "active" before your bedtime like computer games and think alot of things, they'll make your brain more active and eventually u can't sleep cos ur brain is still working. do something like reading or listening to music to ease and slow down ur brain...hope it works for u =)

Amanda Ho said...

Reply to ashy:
Thx for ur comment dear ^^

Yup, all the best to all of us for next term. ^^

Good morning now~ heh. (yup, u're brilliant. i didn't sleep again XD)

Ciao XD

Amanda Ho said...

Reply to cdmclaire:
Thx alot for the advice Claire =)

Yup, I do read to slowly fall asleep. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. But recently i just found out this site on teaching us how to meditate using an audio guide -> http://www.learningmeditation.com/index.htm

It's quite relaxing i would say. Very healthy too. Not sure if it works that well but no harm trying =) Once i tried a simple breathing meditation method it did help though. I use it still sometimes. If u're interested i can teach u how ^^
Meanwhile, do rest well too.